City Manager, Edinburgh - Sharing Economy Scale-up
- Own Edinburgh operations for Series A tech start up.
- Learn from hugely successful senior team.
- Full autonomy to drive success with the role independently.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a successful, well-funded Series A start-up at a hugely exciting time as they roll out geographically and own the success of one of their key UK hubs.
What you'll be doing
Reporting in to the Regional Cities Director, and managing a team of your own, you will be in charge of ensuring that Edinburgh remains a successful and profitable city for the company. There are three core metrics that you'll be measured against, two commercial and one logistical, and you'll be largely left to design the best way to deliver against these yourself. Your first activity once in post is to recruit, hire, train and support a team capable of running the city independently. This will start with a Customer Success Exec and will soon expand out to a Supplier Management Exec. You'll have support from the Regional Cities Director from a process, operations and logistics perspective, and support from the Head of Growth from a marketing perspective, fuelling the user acquisition funnel - and you'll be responsible for keeping the whole thing running smoothly, customers happy and ensuring that the supplier network is well managed, reliable and scalable.
What experience you'll need
- Ideally, you'll have managed large-scale operations in a high-growth environment whose service blends online/digital with physical/'real world' (think Deliveroo, AirBnB, Uber).
- Ideally, you'll have experience working in a start-up and will thrive in a fast-paced, autonomous environment.
- You will absolutely have a hugely positive, ambitious and optimistic approach to problem solving, achieving growth and getting things off the ground.
- You'll have experience of growing and managing teams, setting objective and driving success.
- You'll have demonstrable track record of delivering commercial success and driving operational excellence.
- Experience of building relationships and partnerships with third party organisations to ensure that your customers are always left smiling.
- You'll know Edinburgh as a city well, and will have a bank of contacts you can leverage.
What you'll get in return for your talents
We're looking at a basic salary of around £35k, with discretionary bonuses of up to £10k based on performance against your three primary metrics. On top of this you'll be landing an extremely rare role in a start-up that's really growing places with full autonomy to do this role in the best way that you see fit.
This role will turn around very quickly, please get in touch with Gabby with a CV as soon as possible for consideration.