An exciting opportunity to work for a Hi-tech SME manufacturing company, based in Suffolk, East Anglia.
The role is part of the Operations team, reporting to the Production manager, and involves the procurement, contract negotiation, planning and quality control of the in-house manufactured laboratory equipment.
- You will raise and control purchase orders
- You will support production in planning.
- You will be responsible for order negotiation and chasing.
- Maintain supplier accounts and source new accounts
- Manage stock and stock rotation, including goods received
- Answer basic technical questions from suppliers
- Data analysis and reporting for management accounting
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Purchasing/procurement role in a manufacturing environment
- 2 A levels or National diploma / GNVQ level 3
- Experience with MRP systems
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Able to work in a busy deadline driven environment.
- Able to multi task with an organised approach.
- Confident with Windows, Excel, Word.
- Good technical understanding of materials
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Sage line 50 and Sage manufacturing experience
- Planning and BOM’s systems and maintenance
The Salary for the position is based on experience and will range from £24,000 to £29,000 p/a.
You must hold a full driving license.
Candidates must be eligible to, and hold all relevant finalised paperwork to live and work in the UK.