Medical Information Officer
Position: Medical Information Officer
Location: Head Office, Ashby De La Zouch
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Ashfield is currently recruiting for a Medical Information Officer on behalf of Sanofi. The successful candidate will ensure delivery of high quality medical information services both reactively to external customers and proactively to internal customers, which conforms to all relevant legal requirements, Codes of Practice and company guidelines and policies. The role will support the appropriate, effective and continued use of Sanofi products by providing high quality responses to requests for medical information.
• Coaching and mentoring of Scientific Information Officers and less experienced members of the team.
• Provide timely, accurate, appropriate and clear verbal and written information in response to enquiries about the Company’s products or therapy areas from external customers in order to facilitate the appropriate, effective, safe and continued use of Sanofi products.
• Recording enquiries/ questions accurately in databases in order to produce detailed and appropriate reports for relevant internal stakeholders.
• Establish and cultivate a good working relationship with internal customers such as marketing, sales, medical and regulatory colleagues to ensure that the services provided are relevant to the business needs, and that development opportunities are identified.
• Proactively generating and updating internal information sources considered to be Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ), keeping them up to date with both product information and published data, and collaborating with regional and global MI departments where necessary.
• Identify suspected spontaneous adverse drug reaction reports from the information given by customers during enquiry handling and ensure they are accurately reported to the Pharmacovigilance department in line with legal and company requirements.
• Takes personal accountability to use personal experience and knowledge, as well as the training and tools provided by Sanofi, to maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all ethics and governance relevant to the role (including the Industry Code of Practice, Sanofi Policies and Procedures and any relevant legal requirements); and demonstrate personal leadership in applying these to all work undertaken.
• Degree in Pharmacy or relevant life science.
• Typically 2 to 3 years’ experience in medical information in an industry or healthcare setting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• An ability to understand, analyse and communicate relatively complex pharmacy, pharmacological, and clinical information about Sanofi products in a systematic, fair and balanced way.
• Accuracy and an eye for detail working with medical information data and material review.
• Ability to prioritise, plan and organise work with the appropriate sense of urgency based on customers and business needs.
• Application of sound professional judgement to ethical issues.
• Ability to work alone and to make appropriate informed decisions without supervision.
• Ability to work within a team in an open and professional manner.
• Experience of or an understanding of a customer support role.
• Understanding of the principles of information storage and retrieval.
• Effective use of word processing, other office software including databases and web systems.
Ashfield is a fast-paced place to work where you will be highly valued. We will give you all the support, training and encouragement you need to deliver first-class results for our clients. With an international reach and great support, the opportunities here are wide and diverse.
It is our people that have made us successful, and we are committed to our values.
Quality, Partnership, Ingenuity, Expertise and Energy.
Successful candidates will benefit from a competitive salary, laptop, pension, healthcare and an excellent reward and recognition package.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity please select "APPLY NOW" below.
Please note if you have not heard from a member of the recruitment department within 7 days your application has been unsuccessful at this stage.
Thank you for your interest in Ashfield and Sanofi.
This job was originally posted as www.emedcareers.com/job/960349959