School: Secondary School, Finchley, North London
Job: Cover Supervisor
Salary: NJC Scale 21-24: £15,706 - £17,008 pa.
Actual salary shown for working term time only 32.5 hours per week
Required: November 2013
This secondary school in Finchley, North London, are looking for a Cover Supervisor who is well organised and self-confident with good communication and inter-personal skills. As a valued member of our support staff, Cover Supervisors supervise classes, give instructions on the work set, monitor behaviour and ensure a purposeful learning environment. Other duties will include assisting with examination invigilation and accompany staff on school visits.
Cover Supervisors are not expected to teach, but rather supervise students who have been set work by the absent teacher. You will be in charge of a class on your own, and therefore, good classroom management skills are required.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's A-C or equivalent
- Good ICT knowledge is desirable
- Experience working in a school or with young people, managing large groups
- Experience of working under pressure
- Ability to work efficiently and be able to use their initiative.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with students at all levels of ability
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
Closing Date: at noon, Monday 11th November 2013
To apply and for further details please contact Tarja Aila at our partner Capita Education Resourcing, tel. 0800 022 3829 or email .
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced CRB check.