Salary: Up to £25,254 per annum dependant on experience
Do you want to be part of a vibrant and dynamic team? St John’s Hospice is looking for a driven Corporate Fundraiser to help raise the profile of the Charity within the local area and beyond. You will be passionate about what you do - and determined to make a difference.
St John’s Hospice is the only independent hospice in Central London and treats over 3,000 terminally ill patients and their families each year for free. This free of charge Hospice is supported by charitable funds from The Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, and this position will support the Director of Marketing and Fundraising in the development and delivery of the Hospice’s Fundraising Strategy as well as maximising sustainable income for the charity. This will be from a variety of sources, with a strong focus on grant making trusts, community fundraising, major donors, and legacies with a primary focus on Fundraising but also to assist marketing in helping promote the Hospital.
The post-holder will help develop and foster excellent relationships with both internal and external contacts, delivering effective community and stakeholder relationship management, facilitate the generation of sustainable fundraised income and contribute to raising the profile of the Charity and Hospice.
- You will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Fundraising in helping to ensure the fundraising strategy, planning and delivery is effective and supports the Hospice’s needs as well as raising the profile of the Hospital where appropriate.
- You will support the team in helping maximise sustainable fundraising income for the Hospice, including the development, delivery and management of legacies, community fundraising initiatives, major donor development, grant-making and foundations, lottery applications, nation-wide fundraising opportunities, trading and regular and committed individual giving including payroll, gift aid, tribute funds and supporter schemes
- You will be responsible for forming and cultivating excellent relationships with key partners, including Trustees, donors, volunteers, the wider community, managers, front line staff.
- You will be responsible for supporting the team in implementing and developing community and corporate strategy.
- You will be responsible for maintaining awareness of relevant fundraising developments throughout the voluntary sector, and ensure that St John’s continues to deliver an innovative and high quality programme of community, individual and corporate initiatives.
- You will help develop, lead and deliver major fundraising campaigns for the Charity, ensuring effective dynamic leadership of campaigns.
- You will possess a comprehensive understanding of corporate and community fundraising.
- You will be expected to organise and support local fundraising events.
- Working on some weekends and evenings will be required.
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes - including continuation of the NHS pension.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
- £1,000 Refer a Friend scheme
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.