Quality Assurance Inspector
Quality Assurance Inspector
It’s all in the detail…
Are you an experienced toolmaker or machinist who would relish working day shifts in a role that will enable you to take a hands-on approach and work autonomously? If this sounds like you, then read on to discover more about this amazing opportunity to work for Unimaq, a niche manufacturing business where your quality performance will be well-rewarded. Full time and part time hours will be considered for the right candidate.
Who will I be working with?
Unimaq Ltd is a global leader specialising in the design, development and manufacturing of large precision machines and equipment to print preformed beverage cans at speeds exceeding 2000 cans per minute. The fully automated high-speed machines are designed, manufactured, built and tested in Wrexham before being exported all over the world. Established for more than 20 years, the ambitious company prides itself on innovation, boasting a highly knowledgeable, expert and multicultural workforce who benefit from a friendly environment with a strong emphasis on individual autonomy, teamwork, and business involvement. Unimaq has exciting plans on the horizon including significant investment into facilities and product development, making this an exciting time to join the business.
So, what will the role of Quality Assurance Inspector entail?
Supporting the Assembly Team, as the Quality Assurance Inspector you will have a good understanding of engineering drawings, component design, geometrical tolerance work, precision machining processes and machining tolerances. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Following engineering drawings to measure and mark out various sizes of mechanical precision parts and inspecting these against technical drawings or information
- Measuring components using precision measurement instruments such as micro meters, gauges and Vernier callipers and operating a CMM machine to check the parts dimensions
- Operating the CMM machine to take accurate readings from components to produce accurate data, with training provided
- Using 2D and 3D computer aided design and manufacturing software (CAD/CAM)
- Assisting with tool maintenance
- Compiling reports and communicating non-conformances with purchasing, suppliers and manufacturers
- Recording results of inspection on inspection reports
- Adding the required identification markings for any components that have passed or failed the inspection process
- Checking that all measuring tools are calibrated in accordance to ISO 9001 standards
- Training apprentices
What will I need in order to be considered for this Quality Assurance Inspector role?
- Experience as a Quality Inspector, toolmaker or CNC machinist, ideally gained within the precision component manufacturing industry
- Good ability to understand technical drawings, specs and component design
- A keen eye for detail and strong accuracy skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A positive, can-do attitude
An understanding of ISO 9000 would be advantageous.
What will I receive in return?
You will be working as part of a small, friendly team where autonomy is encouraged and career development supported.
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000, level dependent on experience
Additional Benefits: Private pension, and healthcare cover after one years’ service
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. If part time hours preferred consideration will be given to working 3 or 4 full days per week.
Location: Wrexham (North Wales)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Quality Assurance Inspector vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Unimaq. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Unimaq, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.jvpjobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.