I am recruiting for a committed, bilingual, well travelled Biology Teacher to work with a unique French International secondary school consisting of 35 students in the heart of London. The full time Biology Teacher will begin from April 2018 and they will be responsible for teaching up to key stage 4. The school will be looking for a well-qualified Biology Teacher who will be fully committed to leading and growing the department. This independent school is fully committed to providing training and support for their staff and a warm welcoming environment.
The school have international students, therefore someone who is bilingual, and has EAL experience would be an ideal fit. As well as this a QTS is essential. The school are happy to provide IB training for the right candidate. The Science department is very small and require someone to take full responsibility of students progress and requires someone to be an expert in differentiation.
Teachers with a youth mobility visa are welcome to apply.
About the Role
· Biology Teacher
· Full time
· April 2018 start
· Teaching up to GCSE
About the School
· French International school
· Rated 'Good' across the board by Ofsted
· Friendly and supportive working environment
· Committed to providing training and support
· Well-motivated and academically selected pupils
· School renowned for its relaxed atmosphere, strong sense of community, and commitment of staff
· Short walk from a nearby train station
In order to be considered for this role, the Biology Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
· Strong behaviour management preferred but not essential
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the IGCE IB curriculum preferred
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Veritas Education also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'