Conveyancing Legal Secretary
We are supporting our client with the recruitment of an experienced Conveyancing Legal Secretary to provide support to the Commercial and Residential Property Partners. This is a great opportunity to join an established and friendly firm if you are seeking local work.
· To support fee earners in the management of secretarial work load
· To support fee earners in the production of files, correspondence, documents, attendance notes etc by typing dictated work or other work as directed
· To support fee earners in the maintenance of files by effective file management
· To assist fee earners in the management of caseloads by dealing with file related queries either face to face or by telephone
· To ensure clients and other contacts are dealt with efficiently, politely and promptly and that appropriate issues are raised with the relevant fee earners
· To assist in general office administration and the locating of files when necessary
· To undertake photocopying as and when required
· To transmit correspondence and other documentation by fax or email when necessary
· To deal with internal phone calls efficiently, politely and promptly
· To take clear messages when appropriate and ensure any such messages are drawn to the attention of the relevant fee earner or staff member
· To ensure that all internal procedures are adhered to
· To manage own work allocation and productivity with minimum supervision
· To provide secretarial cover for fee earners other than the fee earner assigned to you as and when required
· To provide reception cover as and when required
· To assist with banking, post, DX etc as and when required
· Supplying quotations to Clients in person and over the telephone
· Writing letters and financial documents
· Organising and maintaining case files
· Scheduling meetings and appointment and meeting Clients
· Liaising with Local Authorities and Land Registry
· Dealing with exchanges and completions.
· Undertaking all post completion work including preparing SDLT’s online and registrations (training will be provided if necessary)
· Costing and closing client file
· Self-motivated and able to organise own work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to handle demanding circumstances.
· Good time management
· A flexible approach to work.
· Committed to completing tasks and objectives.
· Ability to work to the required standard.
· Attention to detail and quality of work.
· Committed to improving working practices.
· Operates effectively as part of a team.
· Willing to offer help to all colleagues.
· Open and friendly
· Good people handling skills - both face to face and on the telephone
· Recent practical experience of legal secretarial work preferably as a conveyancing secretary
· Working knowledge of using software packages with good IT and keyboard skills.
· Experience of handling client enquiries both face to face and by telephone.
Desirable but not essential
· Previous use of legal case management software in particular Osprey
· Working knowledge of Excel
· A commitment to personal development
· A willingness to assist with business development