Front End Developer
DDLi (www.ddli.co.uk) are a North East based company leading the way in creating engaging interactive learning, comprehensive assessment software and powerful competence management solutions.
We are actively involved in developing solutions for both the education and vocational sectors, working for very high-profile clients, as well as producing our own software products. We have been in business for over 19 years, delivering projects to a wide range of customers.
We have recently formed a partnership with a company that is established in providing technology and training solutions to the health and social care sector. Our increased workload means that we are looking for talented developers to join our expanding team.
You should be an enthusiastic team-player with good communication and interpersonal skills and a strong understanding of the technologies you work in.
You should have the passion and appetite for innovation and a willingness to progress as an important member of the development team, with a flexible 'can-do’ attitude.
You should be passionate and proud of your career path, love technology and be aware of the latest trends, techniques and approaches.
We want our front-end developers to be user-focused, with a desire to build highly usable and intuitive interfaces. You will have a meticulous attention to detail and the ability to transfer detailed design into a beautiful user experience.
How we work
We work collaboratively to build highly useable software applications that help to improve education, assessment and training.
We love the technologies we use, but our finger is on the pulse and ready to incorporate new techniques and frameworks where necessary to aid us in producing responsive, scalable solutions.
We actively incorporate Agile methodologies into our working practices to promote flexible planning, design, review and evaluation of our work
- Develop web based user interfaces
- Build reusable/maintainable code and components/libraries
- Collaborate with other developers, designers and stakeholders to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise applications and code for maximum speed and scalability
- Actively participate in planning, design, review and evaluation meetings with client groups, teams of developers and managers, along with all agile ceremonies.
You will have the following skills:
- A proficient knowledge of semantically correct web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3 (using SASS as a CSS pre-processor)
- A familiarity of asynchronous request handling, AJAX and RESTful API
- An awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience of building responsive layouts
We’d also love you to:
- Be familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Have a good understanding of code versioning, especially GIT
- Understand task runners, especially GRUNT
What we offer
- An opportunity to progress as a developer and have a major impact on the development of new powerful and dynamic projects
- A chance to be part of a close-knit team working in a fast-paced environment that challenges your skills
- 28 days holiday per year, plus all bank holidays
- Contributed pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free tea and coffee
- Free parking
A lovely view over the River Tees from our modern Stockton office