Group Head of Engineering
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, dynamic company. They are currently seeking an experienced Group Head of Engineering to lead the NPD teams in the UK and China.
You will be responsible for the leadership of the engineering departments and all new product development. The department designs and develops turbocharger components and assemblies through reverse engineering processes. The position involves leading a team of design engineers with overall responsibility for the delivery of a high volume of new products. This includes the full development cycle from conception to completion with over 100 assembly projects in process at any one time.
The successful candidate will be qualified to Degree level in a mechanical engineering discipline and have extensive experience in engineering and NPD ideally from within the automotive industry. International travel will be required in this role.
It is essential that candidates have:
- Extensive experience of leading, developing and inspiring engineering teams
- Excellent people management skills
- A passion for mechanical Engineering and product development
- Experience of implementing appropriate controls to direct, measure and adjust processes and operations as required to meet the NPD requirements of the business
- Experience in manufacturing processes and working closely with supply chain teams to manage projects
- Commercial awareness allowing strategic development and direction of the departments
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Solid Works and/or AutoCAD, along with an awareness of 3D scanning technology & PDM systems
It would be advantageous to have a background in automotive engineering and previous experience developing turbochargers or engine components.
The Company supplies precision engineered turbochargers, core assemblies, repair kits and individual turbo components to the professional turbocharger aftermarket. They operate manufacturing sites in the UK and China, with sales and distribution from the UK Head Office as well as facilities in Poland and USA.
With in-house teams of Design, Development and QC Engineers, they are recognised as the quality, reliable supply partner by turbo repairers ranging from small turbo workshops through to volume turbo remanufacturing facilities. Three times winners of the prestigious UK Queen's Award for Enterprise, 2006, 2009 and 2014, they supply parts to turbo reconditioners in over 100 countries worldwide.
Apply for Group Head of Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly