Web IT Support Analyst
Renowned retailer in central London is looking to hire a Web IT Support Analyst.
The Role: Working as apart of the team of 10 your role will be the first line of contact for eCommerce / Web support cases.
The successful candidate: will have come from a support background, preferably with a technical focus and experience with Web technologies. The position requires understanding of technical concepts and excellent communication skills.
Overall purpose of role:
- First line internal support for websites and web applications
- Requirements gathering and creation for the website
- Uploading content and interface management for website
- Help manage IT developments to go live with website provider
- Manage workload requirements from Web Manager with Head of IT
- Monitor and manage both internal & external issue tracking system queues
- Field occasional internal support questions/issues from Business teams
- Provide first line support and issue resolution to internal business users for Sterling Commerce , Demandware and other web applications
- Liaise with website provider, eCommera, in raising issues beyond first line support and manage those issues to resolution
- Manage interface with main merchandising and stock management system, Island Pacific
- Create, manage and amend the display templates on the sites, utilising Demandware CMS
- Create and optimise HTML for e.g. e-mail campaigns, promotions
- Develop of web coding standards, content/asset management workflow and compliance procedures
- Optimise the site for search engines
- Help manage and work on website IT developments to go live with website provider
- Test new developments prior to go-live
- To effectively undertake other reasonable IT responsibilities as required.
- Experience in template drive websites, Web Content Management (Ideally Demandware) and Data Management
- Strong interest in eCommerce and on-line trading
- Aptitude for, and interest in, learning new applications and platforms
- Any experience of PHP, SQL Server, Testing, Web Standards and Accessibility, IIS, would be ideal but by no means essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to interact with clients and internal business & technical teams
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience of working on IT developments in a project management based approach