Senior Systems Consultant
Contract - Initially until December 2018
I am currently recruiting for a global energy company and world leader in wind energy. They provide energy management and supply of gas and electricity in the UK.
Responsible for all aspects of the support, maintenance and enhancement of the current SAP HR, Oracle HR/Payroll and Neocase systems. Working with minimal supervision, the Senior HR Systems Consultant's main purpose is to develop and improve HR systems and drive further automation and efficiency of HR processes through definition and development of creative customer focused systems solutions. This includes understanding requirements, analysis and design, developing and converting ideas into IT solutions, system development and process improvement.
- Project Planning - develop comprehensive estimates and plans for delivery of project work and contribute to the annual HR systems plan of work by identifying and prioritising business requirements.
- Business Requirements - develop comprehensive requirement specifications through analysing, challenging, validating and influencing end user requirements and applying these in SAP, Oracle and Neocase, developing alternative design solutions, identifying gaps in processes/systems, providing advice on options and risks in relation to development of the HR systems.
- Systems Knowledge subject matter expert in SAP, Oracle and Neocase and share knowledge with more junior members of the team to ensure broad spread of system knowledge. Ensure wider HR team are familiar with system concepts for SAP ,Oracle and Neocase via informal training sessions.
- Global Working - work with the Global HR and IT teams using knowledge and experience to determine, recommend and implement best fit business solutions to SAP HR and associated system interfaces.
- Process Optimisation - pro-actively propos and implement improvements to the current systems and processes with the aim of maximising the use of SAP, Oracle and Neocase. Improving data quality and simplifying processes for end users including the focus on self-service functionality.
- Develop New Solutions - review new areas of functionality within SAP, Oracle and Neocase, keep abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies as well as bench marking with other organisations and sharing knowledge and experience.
- Solution Delivery - specify, design, test and implement changes to system solutions. Identify system testing requirements and carry out systems testing for system upgrades, patches and fixes for new and improved functionality releases.
- Stakeholder Management - manage relationships with key business users across HR (including HR in IBD Spain) and in the business, communicating with key stakeholders to ensure the internal HR and Business requirements are met.
- Management Information - support and develop the provision of Management Information to the business and to the IBD group and where practical put in place automated self-service delivered solutions.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Proven background in IT and HR Systems.
- Specialist technical knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite (modules - HR, Payroll, Overtime and Labour, iExpenses, Self-service). In particular experience of technical aspects such as system configuration and workflow, payroll configuration and fast-formulae, self-service set-up, flex-field configuration, creation of absence schemes, security, responsibility and menu set-up. Also expert knowledge of HR and Payroll functions and processes.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL. In particular experience of using Oracle E-Business Suite HR and Payroll published API's and proven experience in creating custom packages, procedures, functions, views and materialised views.
- Expert knowledge of business intelligence tools - Oracle APEX, Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle XML Publisher and Oracle Discoverer.
- Expert knowledge, understanding and experience of handling underlying data structures within SAP Oracle and Neocase.
- Expert knowledge of SAP-HR modules. In particular Organisational Management, Personnel Administration and self-service.
- Experience of system integration. In particular working knowledge of file to file, XML and database link interfaces.
- Experience of Rapid Application Development methodologies and of using standard methods and techniques for documenting requirements, business processes, test scenarios etc. is desirable.
- Practical experience/knowledge of the software development life cycle (design/ develop/ test (including test and release phases)/ implement/ review).
- Project lead who undertakes workshops and business process improvement sessions and has the capability to quickly understand issues and suggest and implement solutions.
- Proven relationship building and influencing skills and the ability to interface with stakeholders across all levels of the organisation at both local and group level.
If you feel this is the role for you then apply today for immediate consideration!
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.