Pop Science is delighted to offer this newly created vacancy based in Central Scotland.
Our client was founded by a core team of innovators and pioneers to build something to truly transform clinical trials to be more modern, efficient and patient-centric.
Thus, the platform they designed has since been received with great enthusiasm in the industry.
Today, the platform is already transforming clinical trials and in use in studies ranging from very small (50 patients) to very large (10,000+ patients).
Adopted by several organizations, ranging from patient recruitment companies and research institutions to several top 10 pharmaceutical companies.
In Joining this dedicated team as a Application Consultant you would be client-facing acting as a leader for the technical aspects of client configuration of the platform for use in clinical trials.
Ensures engagements are implemented and configured in accordance with their standard business processes, meet client requirements and adhere to applicable GxP and regulatory requirements.
Acts as a consultant for the business and clients in order to provide guidance and suggestions as to best practice for the implementation of their product by other parties.
Reports to: Director of Services Location; Office based Central Scotland
Here's a snap shot of what you will be doing:
- Advise external customers and internal staff on best practices for implementing their products.
- Work with Project Management in translation of customer needs in terms of system functionality to ensure a match between needs and actual system capabilities/limitations.
- Work directly with the client to prepare, adapt, or and agree on all requirements and specifications to enable Customer sign-off.
- Liaise with Development to obtain technical input on requirements and specifications in order to meet client timelines for deliverables.
- Author and own design specifications based upon client requirements, including functional test cases, for use in configuring and developing solutions via their products (and in integrations with other products)
You should recognise yourself here:
- Relevant undergraduate degree Life Sciences/Computer Science/Healthcare/Clinical Trials, SaaS or other relevant experience.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of Clinical Trial processes, and in particular the eClinical environment.
- Ability to work with technical R&D staff and translate new software features into real world user examples.
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment.
- Previous experience of using relational databases (eg SQL) and data analysis/reporting tools (eg R shiny/Tableau/Spotfire)
- Familiar with XML syntax and editing
- Past experience demonstrating e-systems to Customers, and asking questions to understand and ability to recommend solutions to meet their needs
- Attention to detail to assure that configuration delivery to Project Manager and customer is flawless
- Tenacity to learn and be involved in shaping design and configuration delivery processes as team expands.
- Experience working remotely with other project team members
Must Have Experience
- Previous experience working with eClinical systems (EDC, ePRO or similar).
- Previous experience working in a CRO or other service provider organisation for Life Sciences Healthcare/Clinical Trials.
- Familiar with use of Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence)
Bachelor degree (or higher) in Life Sciences, Computer Science, or other scientific or technical field.
Please ask for full details on application.
Pop Science are an innovative, personal and experienced recruitment and staffing consultancy. Our aim is to make science more popular by championing careers in clinical and scientific research, technology, engineering, maths and more. Whether you want a permanent job, a contract role or even a change in perspective with some volunteering, contact us and let us help you. We support working practises that promote happiness at work.
We're an experienced, skilled team with personality; we have a passion for science, and drive and enthusiasm to make a difference to you.
Find out more at Pop Science - Scientific Recruitment