£530 PER DAY
The Infrastructure Development department is responsible for the design and delivery of all new infrastructure for the company's projects and programmes. As a member of the design practice within Infrastructure Development, you will be working closely with IT and business stakeholders to develop infrastructure solutions which implement architectural strategy and meet business needs.
You'll be an experienced infrastructure designer, proficient in producing complex high level and detailed infrastructure designs. You will be able to build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders and be able to gain their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism.
Required Skill Set:
- A proven track record in designing and delivering large scale technical solutions.
- Ability and desire to quickly comprehend the functions, capabilities and benefits of new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels.
- Well-developed coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent analytical and technical design ability.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows server, SQL, IIS and their integration with other technologies plus an awareness of network and infrastructure security concepts
- Knowledge and experience of one or more of the following: cloud technology (including Citrix Xen suite, MS Hyper-V and VMware, and NetApp storage), SAN and storage technologies, UNIX, Linux, Microsoft AD, Microsoft SCOM, Microsoft SCCM.
- Knowledge and experience of structured development tools, processes and methodologies, and ability to translate this into workable practice.
- Experience of regulatory environments such as PCI
Role and Reasonability's
You will be part of a team responsible for delivery of innovative, complex and multi-disciplinary high level and detailed infrastructure designs that provide optimal business and customer outcomes, whilst maintaining the required commercial and strategic focus and architectural alignment.
When required, you will also be providing oversight and coordination of contract design resource and appropriate delivery partners to ensure effective delivery of infrastructure designs.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Producing and reviewing infrastructure designs.
- Applying relevant policies, standards, best practice and architectural strategy to ensure the most efficient creation of infrastructure designs.
- Identifying and escalating solution inter-dependencies, risks and exceptions across multiple projects and programmes to protect the integrity of the wider infrastructure landscape.
- Managing relevant stakeholders and relationships across the business.
- Contributing to the continual improvement of Infrastructure Design across the change lifecycle within the organisation.
- Acting as principal subject matter expert for developing, coaching and mentoring technical resources within the team and across the department.
- Collaborating on strategic proof of concepts and pilots for new infrastructure technologies.
If you have the relevant skill set, please email your updated CV or call me directly on 0207 6085822.
Keywords: Infrastructure Designer / Design / SQL / IIS / Windows / Hyper V / SCCM / SCOM / UNIX / SAN / Linux / VMWare / Infrastructure Designer / Design / SQL / IIS / Windows / Hyper V / SCCM / SCOM / UNIX / SAN / Linux / VMWare / Infrastructure Designer / Design / SQL / IIS / Windows / Hyper V / SCCM / SCOM / UNIX / SAN / Linux / VMWare / Infrastructure Designer / Design / SQL / IIS / Windows / Hyper V / SCCM / SCOM / UNIX / SAN / Linux / VMWare /