Senior QA, Slough
As a successful candidate you will be as part of an Agile SCRUM team to deliver tested software features including analysis of requirements, estimation, test planning, definition, automation, execution of test cases and testing bug fixes.
You will be involved in testing various different applications. These applications form part of an integrated suite, based around a core SQL database.
The role is a challenging and dynamic one, with key deadlines to be hit. The role will require learning new skills and bringing a focused attitude to the tasks
- Responsible for planning own work load from high level assignments and completing these tasks to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Produce accurate estimates for assigned testing tasks.
- Timely and accurate reporting of assigned task status as required by your manager.
- Work with BA’s and Developers to review the requirements and implementation in order to and translate these into test charters and test case specifications.
- Produce detailed test cases which are traceable to requirements in formal document repository.
- Creating and running automated test cases using existing framework written in VBScript
- Ensure peer reviews of test cases are being completed for all tasks and that these are consistently following departmental guidelines. Actively ensure testing standards are being upheld and that test case specifications cover risk areas.
- Execute planned test cases and perform exploratory testing in areas potentially affected by the implementation of a requirement or bug fix.
- Work to test assigned bug fixes ensuring problem is reproducible without and not reproducible with the bug fix, and therefore prove it has been resolved by the bug fix.
- Achieve agreed productivity targets in order to ensure development tasks are delivered within budget and to schedule. Reporting as early as possible to development manager where deliverables cannot be met.
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration with in the test team.
- Put forward suggestions for improvement to software or testing process where applicable, especially to highlight and provide test coverage to areas of high risk.
- BSC or equivalent in a software/IT or Accountancy discipline
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation certificate is essential, Advanced level is desired
- Significant experience as a quality/test engineer for a company producing software products, ideally Windows client server
- Expert level of competence in at least one main test activity (e.g. functional, regression, performance, security testing) or technology (e.g. automation, virtualisation) or domains (e.g. application, web, cloud etc.) of software application testing.
- Experience in all aspects of at least one formal software development methodology (e.g. agile, waterfall)
- Experience of team based testing approach.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960310535