My Client is a leading technology partner to the online publishing industry. Its customers are companies with a focus on publishing or distributing digital content in significant volumes, including scholarly, professional, and B2B publishers, and major financial services and media providers. We are currently looking for Solution Architects in the greater London area who can travel one day a week to our Oxfordshire office and telecommute from home on the remaining days. This role involves interacting with client staff to gather business requirements, propose solutions incorporating existing and new functionality of our state of the art publishing platform. The Solution Architect forms a bridge between client staff, product management and engineering. It is an ideal job for a senior developer or tech lead with excellent communication and people skills looking to move into a more client facing role.
- Interact with clients various constituencies to interpret and evaluate business requirements, and propose technology solutions
- Write solution/technical specification for engineering
- Identify the need/opportunity for platform extension with new features and functionality and bring it to the attention of product management
- Work in cross-functional internal teams (engineering, quality assurance, ops, product management, project management, business) to develop new solutions
- Evaluate and prototype APIs for third party integrations
- Understand content and coordinate content conversions and business models and translate them into either platform configuration or specification for new implementation
- Understand and perform data migrations
- Propose and build UI using our state of the art drag and drop page builder
- Support the sales team with technical knowledge as required, including giving demonstrations and assisting on RFP responses
- Potentially present product capabilities and solutions to internal teams and prospects.
- Some travel to customer sites is required --about 10 days per year.
- Must have experience in a directly related role (e.g., business analyst or solution architect)
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
- Prior hands-on software development experience (preferably, web and backend development using Java and related technologies).
- Hold a valid passport, or be eligible to apply for one.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- First rate analytical skills, evidence of translating vague requirements into actionable development items.
- Experience in project management techniques or otherwise demonstrable experiences with managing new development to completion.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders in multiple time zones.
- Worked on product oriented projects and release management processes.
- Experience in software development processes, and source control and issue tracking systems.
- Must understand how SSO (single sign-on) works on the web
For Exceptional Candidates (salary sought at top of range) we would expect the following:
- SSO experience with SAML or OAuth2
- Experience with integrating services through HTTP, APIs (RESTful, SOAP, GRAPH QL etc)
- Experience on data integration through file interfaces
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Motivated and driven
- Attention to detail
- Customer communication skills in a customer facing environment
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960310132