Senior ITS Consultant Engineer
What we need:
Our client a busy Engineering consultancy are looking for a Senior ITS Consultant to support staff operating in the Intelligent Transport Systems (Highways and Rail) sector.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Principal ITS Consultant, the role encompasses a broad range of activities from, but not limited to:
- Data Capture, Verification and Analysis Services;
- Highways Traffic Management Systems including UTMC & UTC systems, telephony, signals, message signs, CCTV, SCADA, Incident Detection etc.;
- Local and Wide Area Networking technologies;
- Detection, Enforcement and Road User Charging Systems;
- Rail Retail Telecoms including telephony, PAVA, PHP, CIS, CCTV etc.; and
- Initiatives on new Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) for the future covering detection, management and enforcement.
What your responsibilities will be:
The role will be to provide management and technical assistance to Project Managers and a variety of teams in the delivery of a range of multidisciplinary projects that involve Enforcement, Electrical, Telecommunications, Structural and Civil Engineering.
- In addition to developing skills in a specialist field, the successful candidate will be encouraged to take on responsibility and learn new skills in what is a growing industry sector; blurring the line between systems and service, technology and infrastructure.
- Act as Project Assistant and prepare project plans, programmes, meeting minutes, technical reports and financial monitoring applications;
- Assist with the Data Quality management aspects of out-sourced Asset management Systems;
- Production of Monthly Project Progress reports, performance management data and preparation for client meeting packs;
- Assist with site surveys, detailed designs and the preparation of technical specifications for Highways England Traffic Management Systems and / or other ITS Systems such as CCTV, Traffic Measurement, ANPR, UTMC etc.;
- Assist with site surveys, detailed designs and the preparation of technical specifications for Network Rail, RfL and TfL Station Upgrade and Improvement Systems such as SISS, CCTV, PAVA, PHP, CIS etc.;
- Manage sub-contractors and the associated certification of works;
- Implement Corporate quality management procedures to ISO 9001;
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001), Environmental (ISO 14001) and other appropriate regulations.
What you will need to succeed:
- A background in highways technology or a similar technical environment, for example rail, light-rail, utilities, defence, ICT (Information & Communications Technology), security, electrical, telecommunications;
- Degree/HNC educated in an Engineering, Electrical/Electronic or other related discipline
- Highly motivated, versatile and enthusiastic, target driven and customer focused;
- Able to work well in a team environment and willing to take responsibility and supervise others if required e.g. suppliers, leading work packages etc;
- Task oriented, and responsible for their individual performance targets and contribution to team performance targets;
- Good communication skills and the ability to forge good relationships by communicating effectively at all levels within the business, and with Clients and other organisations;
- Good written communications skills with the ability to produce reports and other documents to exacting standards;
- Project Management awareness and understanding; Self-starting and motivated to "get the job done" with a "right first time" mentality
What to do now:
If you are interested in this job and match the criteria specified, please send us your application today.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Matt at Carrington West on ************ for more information. CWHTT
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960309848