Project Engineer, CAD - to £40k
Project Engineer to join a company specialising in building complex mechanical component parts. Due to expansion there is a requirement for an experienced mechanical engineer who is looking to move into a more project engineer / project management capacity. The project engineer must have a sound understanding of engineering design and base mechanical engineering components.
The role offers lots of autonomy and the Project engineer will be expected to manage their own week with regards to liaising with suppliers, end clients and internal engineering design and analyst teams.
Typically the duties of the Project Engineer will:
- Work closely with mechanical design engineers in understanding component design
- Assist with delivery of mechanical design (Solidworks, AutoCAD)
- Project lead
- Assist with design for manufacture and assembly
- Specifying component parts are fit for purpose
- Supplier liaison, documentation and FMEA
- Close co-operation with design and analyst teams
- Continuous improvement
The Project Engineer will have:
- Degree (engineering, manufacturing, production, physics, electrical, electronics or similar)
- Minimum 3ys commercial experience
- Excellent CAD skills
- Excellent material knowledge (metals, alloys, composites)
- Superb communication skills
- Solid documentation and project skills
- A good base engineer with sound engineering principles.
Key words: CAD, AutoCAD, Solidworks, FEA, Mechanical
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80438645