Development Engineer (New Product Development)
With a reputation of Engineering Excellence, this innovative provider of consumer goods is going from strength to strength as it continues to expand across exciting, demanding and diverse market sectors developing its high quality product portfolio. In order to support this growth the company need to recruit a bright, talented Product Development Engineer with a real passion for engineering who is capable of making a tangible contribution in the face of high expectation and tight deadlines.
Working within Multi-Disciplined Project Teams, you will interpret marketing briefs into tangible products and features that are feasible from both a cost and manufacturing perspective. Another key aspect of the role is to aid in the development of Prototypes and Models, in addition to setting up, conducting and monitoring tests, whilst managing submission to the appropriate test authorities and patent bodies.
Essentially you will Develop new products in line with best practice and a number of national/international standards (including BSEN9001 and BSEN 14001) and undertake day-to-day development of a project potential from conception through to final production.
- Qualified to Degree level (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline.
- A real passion for Engineering and New Product Development.
- Practical and “Hands On” with a high level of dexterity.
- Ability to visualise practical, realistic and cost effective engineering solutions.
- Keen, enthusiastic, naturally inquisitive, with an inventive mind and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively contribute within multi-disciplined Product Development teams
- Ability to apply analytical skills to question and challenge, developing practical and feasible mechanical engineering solutions that meet commercial and manufacturing guidelines.
- High level of Self-motivation and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960309475