Case Handler - DSAR Specialism
We have a Day Rate Contractor opportunity for an experienced Case Handler to work within the Data Subject Access Request workstream within our Chester operation:
Role – Case Handler - Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) specialism
Location – Chester
Day Rate: £150 - £180 DOE
Duration: 2/3 months initial contract
Working Hours - 37.5 hours per week
About the role:
Working within the Commercial Banking DSAR Team, the DSAR Specialist manages the end-to-end process for the provision of responses for subject access requests from Commercial Clients and their representatives.
- Ensure the client meets its statutory obligations under the Subject Access Provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Identify what constitutes a valid data subject access request within the Commercial Banking arena.
- Liaise with the relevant business areas in order to attain copies of the source documentation as part of the information gathering exercise.
- Review commercial customer files for the purposes of subject access requests, applying and noting where exemptions would apply and the preparation of the disclosure to the client.
- Ensuring responses are completed within the statutory timeframe.
•The provision of advice and guidance for DSAR and related data privacy queries.
•Develop an understanding of the subject access provisions with particular regard to its application to various corporate entities i.e. sole traders, partnerships, limited companies etc.
•Working with colleagues to ascertain the scope of DSARs on a case by case basis.
•Develop an understanding of the inter-operation with other DSAR teams.
•Develop the knowledge to undertake the supporting activities of DSARs reviews including recording management information and progress reports.
•Liaise with business areas as required when awaiting resource material.
•Work on Project deliverables as required.
- Ability to provide technical input for DSARs.
- Have an understanding of statutory timeframes and support their attainment.
- Ability to review and redact large volumes of source material.
- Must be responsible for managing own time effectively, including the prioritisation and organisation of tasks.
- Good written and verbal skills and ability to communicate information to customers and colleagues appropriately at all levels.
- Ability to identify what constitutes personal data and extract and analyse that data.
- A good understanding of the Data Subject Access Provisions and the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Must have good communication skills with the ability to select the most appropriate communication method to suit situations on a case by case basis.
- Ability to produce a professional draft response for the client/customer.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience within the Financial Services Industry, ideally within a data protection environment.
Capita Remediation Services is part of Asset Services, a division of Capita plc, a FTSE 100 company and the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support solutions. We are a leading player within the remediation market, having worked on every major regulatory review since 1998. We help our clients within regulated sectors with the remediation challenges that they are required to address.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80436215