Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager
Position: Assistant Finance Manager
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract for 9 Months (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 19th March 2018
For the role of Assistant Finance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you maximize the weekly, monthly and annual performance of the account by supporting leadership, focusing on customer requirements, effective operational performance
Be aware of and contribute to the broader commercial environment, directly contributing towards cost down opportunity. To ensure effective financial management of the contract based on the timely and accuracy production of budgets, period accounts and ad-hoc cost information.
Ensuring that all financial aspects of the contract are managed effectively delivering best in class governance and control.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Production of accurate and timely financial information for all aspects of the contract
* Ensure financial control processes at each location are adhered to within the contract
* The regular review of all financial aspects with managers responsible
* The highlighting of financial issues to appropriate levels of management within the contract
* Ensuring compliance with government and DHL central finance regulations
* Ensuring financial and cost information is produced on time for customer requirements
* Support generation initiatives from financial analysis to improve efficiency and/or reduce costs within the contract
* Focus towards DHL's capital employed (Fixed assets and Working capital) of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
* Account project Management focus
* Setting up reporting and control systems/procedures
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Highly numerate and articulate
* Exceptional interpersonal, skills
* Initiative to solve problems
* Previous finance experience within DHL
* Previous Commercial Manager (or similar) at large single or multi site level
* Previous experience of stock control and purchasing in complex multi-site environment
* Work strategically with the Finance Manager to develop maximum efficiency of process.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
Facts and Figures
DivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAIN Employment TypeTemporary Full-Time
Business UnitDHL Supply Chain UK Contract TypeFixed Term (9 Months)
LocationNottingham Working Hours
Job TypeFinance & controlling Shift RequirementDay time only
Career LevelProfessionals Relocation OfferedNone
Responsible for Travel RequiredBelow 25%
Reports toRichard Darby Travel ExtentWithin region
Target Hire Date19/03/2018 Work Permit RequiredYes
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80442318