DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
£90-100,000 Salary + Staff Benefits
My client is seeking a Data Protection Officer to inform, advise and be the primary point of contact across the company group for data protection and privacy matters. You will be a subject matter expert in the handling of personal data, and lead on a mixture of policy and compliance activities to ensure company processes and practices comply with global data protection legislation, including the EU’s GDPR.
- Monitor compliance with data protection and privacy legislation and the company group’s related policies in an environment dealing with significant amounts of personal data.
- Provide advice where requested regarding data protection impact assessments, and monitor their performance pursuant to relevant data protection and privacy legislation.
- Monitor regulatory/legislative developments and update company policies and processes as required.
- Advise and support teams across the business to meet their obligations to protect personal data in line with legislation, and provide training and guidance materials as required.
- Handle internal and external queries as necessary in relation to data protection investigations and practices, withdrawal of consent, right to be forgotten and other data subject rights.
- Report risks and data breaches to senior management as required, and where appropriate to the supervisory authority.
- Ensure business assets containing personal data are identified, managed and are subject to suitable controls.
- Work alongside Product and Engineering teams to understand the upcoming development roadmap and any perceived future risks.
- Provide updates on the data protection compliance programme to the Board and management as appropriate.
Experience / Skills:
- Experience in a similar role and an understanding of the Data Protection risks faced by large data-driven organisations.
- Expert knowledge of global and national data protection laws and practices, as well as the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Experience conducting data privacy compliance reviews/audits.
- Recognized privacy qualifications (e.g., IAPP CIPP/E, BCS/ISEB).
- Ability to provide clear advice and direction even when faced with competing demands and short deadlines.
- Availability for occasional travel outside the UK.
Secure Recruitment is a highly respected, niche, Corporate Governance and Cyber Security search business, specialising in handling interim and permanent appointments, both on a contingent and retained basis, up to C-suite level. We provide informed confidential advice, salary guidance, career support, up to date market intelligence and the most comprehensive Corporate Governance and Cyber Security opportunities in the marketplace. We take pride in being flexible to individual needs and work across a range of industry sectors within the geographical locations of UK, Ireland and Continental Europe.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960312413