IT Support Apprentice
New opportunity not to be missed! Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Support Apprentice to join their growing team based in Oldham, Manchester. In return, they offer a highly-competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
Our client is a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. They have over 380 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with around 180 based in their state-of-the-art head office.
They strive to be the best at what they do and are proud of their track record of innovation and growth, so it’s great to be recognised for their achievements and success. Recent accolades include The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
They have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice to join their Group IT Support team where you’ll assist in providing efficient IT support to their users based across their offices worldwide.
In the beginning, you’ll work closely with the established IT Support team to appreciate department processes and procedures to understand day to day IT related issues. Primarily resolving matters via their ticketing management system, you’ll be accountable for topics such as setting up new users, managing user log ins, or troubleshooting printing, phone, and mobile device issues.
As you begin to develop as an apprentice, you’ll play an active role in supporting a wider variety of tasks, covering their IT networks, IT servers whilst administering and maintaining their IT Infrastructure ensuring the end user is provided with excellent customer service and issues are resolved within a timely manner or escalated where necessary.
The apprenticeship, will offer the successful individual a solid understanding into a IT Support function. As their IT Support Apprentice you’ll be involved in a variety of challenging and interesting duties with support and guidance from experienced team members so it’s important to note that you’ll be expected to follow instruction and respond effectively to ensure tasks are completed to time and to company standards.
In order to successfully complete the apprenticeship, you’ll be required to attend college on day release where you’ll work towards an IT related qualification whilst obtaining invaluable on the job experience so if you have a keen interest in IT and looking to develop a career in the IT field, this could be the ideal role for you.
Your Skills & Experience
- Ideally, a minimum 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-D in any subject.
- A genuine interest in IT, evident in personal projects, or activities such as computer repair.
- PC literate, and competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Team player with good written and verbal communication and organisational skills.
- A friendly positive attitude, determined with a hardworking nature to learn and succeed in the world of work.
Your Package & Perks
- Paid breaks, lounge style canteens and games tables, with free fruit and hot premium drinks.
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance.
- Private Healthcare Scheme available for you (as benefit in kind), and the option to add family members.
- Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from the company, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Free onsite modern gym, free secure parking, staff car workshop and an active social calendar.
If you’re an experienced IT Support Apprentice looking to join a team operating at the centre of a dynamic, expanding state-of-the-art electronics manufacturer, they want to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80435069