Software Architect - Global Investment Manager - London
Software Architect - Financial Services - £95,000
A global investment manager requires an experienced Software Architect to join a newly formed architecture delivery team. This new and experienced team will be responsible for designing and developing a first class platform to assist developers in creating solutions for real business problems. You will be a technologist with a deep understanding of multiple programming languages and architectural patterns. You will have an understanding of the more traditional languages however you will also be expected to understand tools predominantly used within the financial business domain.
In order to be successful in this positions you will:
- Be proficient in a range of languages, C#, Python and R.
- Be proficient in both structured and unstructured databases.
- Design and architect a platform making it easy for teams to adopt.
- Promote and drive forward the use of the platform across the organisation.
- Reduce the learning curve for new teams wishing to adopt one of the platform components.
- Promote an agile way of working where possible and look to streamline processes for efficiency.
- Liaise closely with business development, IT and infrastructure teams to seek improvements to the platform.
Technical skills required:
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation.
- Good knowledge of the latest data storage and system integration strategies.
- A good working knowledge of Docker would also be desirable.
- Ability to learn and adapt technology to suit an ever changing business.
- Possess strong design principles that are maintained under pressure.
- Be a central knowledge of technical competency for teams to seek guidance.
- Strong development and architectural principles covering the full SDLC.
- Good knowledge of capital market products (Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives) would be beneficial.
- A forward looking view towards technology and how it can improve processes, reduce costs and create -efficiencies towards the business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80436312