Accessibility & Usability Consultants
We have a number of vacancies for Accessibility & Usability Consultants within our growing Accessibility team based in our modern London office at junior, mid and senior levels and are looking for motivated, skilled and enthusiastic consultants to join us on a permanent basis. In return, we offer competitive salaries dependent on experience from plus 25 days annual leave plus public bank holidays, contributory pension, Simplyhealth and well-being package and development budget to invest in your career.
At AbilityNet our passion is to create a world in which everyone has equal access to digital services and we do this by ensuring technology is accessible to all. We are keen to hear from people who have the same passion to make things better for everyone through technology. AbilityNet can offer the successful candidate a truly enjoyable challenge working in a team of curious, smart and self-motivated individuals who want to make a difference.
The Accessibility & Usability Consultants role will involve the delivery of digital accessibility and usability consultancy for a wide range of clients across the private and public sectors.
In order to fulfil the Accessibility & Usability Consultants role, applicants will be expected to have (at differing levels dependent on the role you are applying for):
- Coding skills within HTML and ideally Java and CSS
- Knowledge of the principles of web design and an awareness of how accessibility and usability enhance it
- Knowledge of accessibility WCAG2.0 guidelines
- Experience of producing (accessibility) reports to clients
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Above all, applicants will:
- Be passionate about making a difference to people's lives through accessible technology
- Be analytical in your approach to problem solving, methodical with a high attention to detail
- A confident communicator with good presentation skills
- Someone who is looking to continually develop within their job role/field of accessibility
The hours of work are 35 per week with flexible working opportunities available.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80403495