Fast growing FMCG Organisation is currently seeking a part qualified Finance Analyst on a 12 month plus assignment. Primary areas of analysis will be customer pricing, promotional review, analysis and approval, customer/brand profitability analysis and monitoring advertising and promotional spend.
Duties of the Financial Analyst include:
? Support the Commercial Accountant in providing the business with insightful brand and customer profitability analysis
? Carry out post-promotional evaluations
? Analysis and review of trade promotional spends, understanding current activities, accruals and cost rising to ensure accurate trade spend accounting
? Customer price changes review
? A&P investment spend reviews, both pre and post the agreed spends. New product development financial reviews for profitability versus current business
? Monitoring of future A&P forecasts and projections to ensure A&P spends are in line with forecasts and budgets
? Month-end accounting support particularly around A&P accruals and accounting, and month-end reporting and analysis for the local business and head office team in Mumbai
? Ad hoc financial accounting and reporting support to the Finance team as requested by Financial Accountant and the Finance Manager.
? Work on Excel models for analysis and reporting. Production of routine reporting on a weekly/monthly basis.
? Key finance user of business’s Oracle Demantra forecasting and trade promotional management system, tasks including;
- Reviewing promotions for approval on that system, looking at compliance with input requirements, brand guidelines, and promotional return on investment.
- Reviewing historical brand P&Ls, examining forward looking brand P&Ls forecasts
- Ensuring data integrity and consistency in Demantra
- A part qualified accountant, ideally going through the qualification process.
- Full understanding of accruals accounting.
- Good commercial understanding, knowledge of sales and marketing activities and terminology within an FMCG environment. Experience of working in an FMCG environment is essential.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Proven practical experience of providing insightful business analysis.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of accounting practices and standards
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80419577