Commercial Finance Business Partner
Commercial Finance Business Partner
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Up to £55,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Extensive Benefits Package
Our client is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. They provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
They are on the lookout for a talented Commercial Finance Business Partner to join their growing Finance Team based at their Halifax office. The role will be based in Halifax but will include occasional travel to our client’s other UK offices (Solihull & Aldershot), and candidates will be expected to spend some time in each location as part of the ongoing role.
Reporting to The Head of Commercial Finance, you will join a new team responsible for delivering first class business partnering support to all business units throughout the estate.
The purpose of the Commercial Finance Business Partner will be –
To operate as a Business Partner with divisional senior management. The role will involve working closely with business units across the organisation to fully understand performance, providing high quality analysis and insight on key initiatives to drive growth, increase profitability and reduce costs.
The Commercial Finance Business Partner will look to actively drive performance and embed positive change within the business, adding value across the company at all points.
The Commercial Finance Business Partner will be responsible for providing best practice support through robust reporting, insightful analysis and strong business partnering. Key responsibilities will include –
- Support finance and analysis requirements across the business for internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare formal Budgets and Forecasts, financial reports and analysis.
- Prepare and distribute monthly MI packs and resulting recommendations to maximise business performance.
- Improve quality, breadth and accuracy of financial reporting and KPIs, including forecasting/planning
- Review of monthly management accounts.
- Interpret and analyse current and historic performance, providing effective commercial business challenge and investigation to ensure business targets are achieved or beaten.
- Detailed cost and revenue analysis / review.
- Profitability reporting, including projects, customers and revenue streams, product and revenue profitability.
- Preparation of forecasts and budgets.
- Support on preparation of commercial tenders and involvement in “Bid Review” sign off process.
- Ad hoc analysis and project work.
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement.
Our client would like to meet a Commercial Finance Business Partner with the following -
- A strong academic record, including possession of a graduate degree
- A professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- An analytic and enquiring approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive thinking and a natural desire to improve and enhance
- Experience working with senior management. Ability to demonstrate the tenacity to deliver excellence to internal stakeholders
- A track record of improving a business’s financial control
- Positive work ethos, desire to make a difference and get tasks completed
- Successful track record including system / process / reporting improvements
- Experience in an FP&A, commercial analyst or divisional financial controller role
- Experience in a related industry, including software/technology or insurance (desirable)
- Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial business
- Strong Excel skills; working knowledge of other packages including Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Access Dimensions or other accounting packages (desirable)
- Knowledge of Essbase or other business analytic tools (desirable)
What’s in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all with the one strong, clear vision – to be the leading provider of insurance technology software.
- A generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days, gym memberships and childcare vouchers, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more.
A career with our client:
Our client believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
They have a strong, clear vision – to be the leading provider of insurance technology software – and their values describe what makes the company unique, and captures thespirit that runs through everything they do.
The Commercial Finance Business Partner is a crucial role in delivering our client’s vision and values through you, your team and the business.
To apply for the role of Commercial Finance Business Partner, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Commercial Finance Business Partner, Financial Controller, Business Partner, Finance Manager, Financial Manager, Finance, Financial.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80442541