- Develop new user-facing features
- Build re-usable code and libraries for future use
- Optimise applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensuring that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end servers
- Effectively resolve any bug issues within the code
- Work with the development team to minimise risk associated with code changes to improve and future proof the application
- Work with Scrum software development technology to complete projects to satisfactory standard in relation to specifications and due date.
- Test code quality through writing unit tests
- Mentoring both junior and intermediate colleagues within the team
- Liaising with clients both in-house and external third parties about projects
- Delivering performance reviews to members of the team, ensuring projects are completed to the high standard expected from the company while employee satisfaction is maintained throughout.
Relevant skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Delivering new features via 2D/3D CAD software
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and a basic understanding of how to solve such problems.
- Strong knowledge of React, Node.js, Less and Canvas
- Experience working with front-end build tools incl. Webpack/Npm/ESLint/Karma
- Working understanding of Agile software development software, particularly Scrum
- Strong understanding of vector maths
- Must be an excellent communicator due to the need to be able to deliver technical knowledge to a non-technical audience.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Degree level education or equivalent in computer science or games development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Experience using Unity3D/other games development software
- Proven track record of working well in high-pressure, fast-paced environments
In return my client is offering:
- Highly competitive salary
- Flexible work hours (40-45 hours per week but ability to manage your own diary e.g. 15 hours over 3 days)
- On-site benefits
- Company investments into employee satisfaction
- Pension scheme, childcare vouchers & Perkbox subscription
- After 3 months satisfactory work you will receive a Macbook Pro
- Opportunities to progress throughout the company to senior positions
- The opportunity to work on new and cutting-edge projects
For further information please call and quote the job reference PWSJSD for a fully confidential chat.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80402559