Paralegal - Recoveries / Claimant Litigation
Are you an experienced RTA litigator looking for the chance to retrain into a new area ahead of the upcoming motor reforms? If so this could be the perfect opportunity to do so.
Crawford Legal Services are looking for Paralegals to join their Subrogation & Recovery Unit.
Crawford Legal Services provides a full range of legal services to the insurance industry, being owned by Crawford & Company - one of the world's largest independent providers of claims management solutions to the insurance industry, serving clients in more than 70 countries.
This role is designed to give a candidate a fantastic development route for their legal career, with a diverse caseload acting for a number of different Insurer Clients. It is the ideal opportunity for recent LPC graduates looking to stand out.
The work covers a broad range of civil litigation across:
- Building & Construction / Engineering
- Contractors' Liability
- General Property & Subsidence
- Goods in Transit & Marine
- Motor & Transport
- Liability Claims (EL & PL)
- Product Liability
Successful candidates will:
- Manage a litigated caseload / pre lit case load, with a view to driving claims to litigation or settlement
- Draft Court Proceedings / documents
- Adhere to Court directions and deadlines
- Work to set priorities, create clear plans and manage work to meet Client needs
- Engage in effective negotiation
Skills & Prior Experience:
- Previous experience managing a litigated case load or in a recoveries role - Desirable
- Knowledge or experience of civil litigation - Desirable
- Previous experience working within the insurance sector - Desirable
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment. - Desirable
- Ability to interpret and input data accurately and efficiently - Essential
- Ability to demonstrate initiative - Essential
- Professional and confident telephone manner - Essential
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80438853