SENIOR IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Systems Administrator
Ann Summers is an iconic empire and multi-channel retailer. Our journey has been paved by the Golds and we've got one hell of a heritage to be proud of. 44 years, over 2 million Rampant Rabbits, 131 stores and we're still throwing 7,000 parties each week.
This role supports fulfilling the Ann Summers vision by maximising the availability of IT applications to the application users through the effective resolution of IT Incidents and Service Requests, thus enabling colleagues to perform their own business roles.
Summary of Key Activities:
- Support the Technology team to deliver the company and department strategy, being an ambassador for the Technology department, demonstrating high levels of customer service and being recognised as a technical authority
- Provide proactive technical leadership with a commercial and delivery focus ensuring quality across all projects, development and support initiatives.
- To coach and mentor the applications team, understanding technical needs within the team and provide suitable technical plans and deliver solutions where gaps are identified.
- Provide hands on application and integration support and maintenance. Resolving incidents and service requests assigned to the ticket queue, liaising with other members of IT and the user community as appropriate, ensuring that business impact is minimised and that steps to mitigate future reoccurrence (reduce likelihood and/or business impact) are identified and followed up.
- Ensure documentation that falls within the scope of the applications team is produced and maintained to a high quality.
- Manage and maintain all core systems environments including but not limited to the following; Code deployments, Software deployments and updates, Systems Administration & support, Environment monitoring & alerting
- To manage your workload, prioritise and understand impact of support tickets and to build relationships with colleagues & service partners to ensure all services are delivered to the appropriate level of quality and agreed SLA. To participate in Service Review meetings where required
- Be the senior technical contact taking ownership and sharing responsibility for the Ann Summers core applications, BI systems environments and backups. Partaking in change and release processes, managing technical applications projects, administering systems and databases alongside 3rd party partners and ensuring availability & uptime of core systems at all times.
- Integrating the support of new applications and small changes into existing support processes, actively participating in training/handover sessions to acquire the necessary knowledge, producing new documentation and sometimes assisting in the design and deployment
- Proactively seeking out ways to improve the service provided and driving the improvements through to delivery
- Providing out of hours and bank holiday support when required, on a rota basis.
- Meeting the Company`s Values.
We are the company we are because we do everything we can to make every day fun whilst making a real difference to the sex lives of people around the world. We promise that when you work with us at Ann Summers it will be fun because if you are going to work for a living, it should be doing something you love so apply today and become part of the team that Love Work!
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80436889