System and Infrastructure Engineer
System and Infrastructure Engineer - Sought by national managed service provider at their offices just outside Warrington, Cheshire.
Reporting to the NOC and Infrastructure Manager, you will be part of talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
The infrastructure of services need to provide resiliency and delivered to a high standard to time and within budget through the consulting, project management and service delivery team. This covers all aspects of hosted services, technical implementations and data centre effectiveness.
The primary function of the System and Infrastructure Engineer role would be to work within the Infrastructure Team within business and manage the hosted infrastructure. From time to time, depending on the needs of the business this may involve some addition support to aid any project related work.
- Achieve performance with the delivery of client activity to budget and timeframes. Ensure delivery of any activity to the highest professional standards.
- Manage and monitor all hosted installed systems and infrastructure which may include identify any performance issues proactively.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Initiate and implement architecture and changes, while ensuring that the existing infrastructure services are not negatively impacted.
- Work as part of the NOC Team to ensure security, reliability and availability of the hosted services.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with other technical experts and/or NOC Team.
- Take ownership of all datacentre services ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Assist with on boarding new clients into the hosted infrastructure.
- Ensure that effective change control methodologies are operated with all hosted infrastructure and services.
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and/or reports as when required Assist in maintaining client satisfaction with hosted services.
- Provide monthly reporting on all hosted infrastructure resources.
- Provide as required a high level of technical input to projects and/or the helpdesk support the team as escalation as and when required.
- Define/document target architecture; anticipate growth; ensure scalability; stay abreast of industry trends and assess new products.
- Keep abreast of market / technology developments to ensure the firm is planning to use the most effective methodology to support its business objectives.
- Responsible contact with relevant authorities for Information Security and the responsibility for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for ISO27001 for System and Infrastructure service provision.
- Be an escalation point for all technical teams and deliver responses within SLAs Provided Daily work updates for Project Deliverables and Datacentre work.
- Log all working hours in companies time management tool and/or diary management.
- 5+ years consulting a multi-datacentre network environments to include LAN, WAN, VPN, Citrix, Microsoft, SAN, DR Systems.
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Ideally consulting a hosted environment with experience of datacentres.
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues Proven ability to work in a cloud based or hosting environment.
- Proven track record with hosted desktop and published applications.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with third party service providers and vendors ideally previous experience of working for an IT service provider in a professional services environment.
Qualifications in 2 or more of the following Microsoft / Citrix / VMware / Network technologies + experience.
- Set and manage stakeholder’s expectations; recommend solutions; manage vendor relationships; provide training on specific tools.
- Sufficient written skills to prepare documentation and project plans.
- Able to work with people at all levels. Useful to have presentation skills. Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to collaborate well with the rest of the company resources team and able to gain support and co-operation from non line managed staff.
- Healthcare for you and your family
- Individual training and development plan
- Games room
- Discount Voucher Scheme
- Reward & Recognition Awards
- Regular fully funded staff events
- Childcare Vouchers
- Great location and accessible offices
A full job description is available to candidates meeting the above minimum criteria, please apply in the first instance with your latest CV outlining your salary expectations & availability for an immediate response.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960309485