Robert Half Devon & Cornwall are partnering with a growing business in Exeter to recruit a Payroll Officer on a Temporary basis from 3-6 months. They will be offering between £10-13 per hour subject to experience.
The desired candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the payroll function to ensure the timely and accurate processing and payment of the monthly payroll for approximately 100+ employees.
The Temporary Payroll Officer will manage all aspects of payroll across the group including the following:
- To be strongly involved in the payroll process for beginners and leavers to ensure that pay and benefits are processed correctly
- Calculate and process all contract variations including changes of salary, job title, location, etc.
- Maintain accurate employee details within the payroll system and update changes as required
- Generate reports from the Company HR/Timesheet system to monitor staff weekly working hours and make the relevant deductions for absence
- Process and pay overtime, commission, holiday pay, and redundancy pay as instructed and in line with HMRC rules
- Provide details to the finance department to inform the processing of branch recharges
- Collate all Company expense claims for import to the payroll system, ensuring that claims are authorised, receipts are submitted and breaches of policy are notified to the relevant Manager
- Process the monthly payroll in line with documented process, including pre-payment reports, balancing and authorisation process
- Prepare employee payslips and issue via email and post in accordance with employee preference
- Ensure external organisations receive appropriate employee deductions (i.e. Inland revenue, court orders, childcare vouchers, hospital fund)
- Monthly RTI reporting to HMRC, and associated reporting to the finance department
- Review the payroll processes from time to time and suggest and implement enhancements.
- Complete P11d calculation, notification and payment on an annual basis
- Responsible for PSA settlement calculation, notification and payment
- Export monthly pension data on a timely basis for upload into the AVIVA pension system
- Collaborate on and contribute to HR projects as required, providing relevant data as well as insight as to the payroll implications of business objectives
- Proven and demonstrable experience in a payroll environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of current HMRC legislation
- Auto enrolment
- Modified payroll
- HR reports
- Experience implementing payroll systems and software
- Evidence of a commitment to improving processes with a view to improving speed, accuracy and efficiency
- Sage/Snowdrop HR system
The right candidate will be a proven Payroll Officer and enjoy working within a fast paced working environment.
For more information on this Temporary, Exeter based role please contact Jamie O'Connor at Robert Half Devon & Cornwall on 01392 341130
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80391481