£23,000 - £26,000
I am partnered with one of the UKs largest timber merchants in their search for a Credit Controller.
The business has been around since 1882. From humble beginnings selling timber and fencing in South West London, They have now grown to become the largest timber merchant in South East England, with 18 branches across four counties.
The role of Credit Controller will report to the Finance Manager and will be working as part of an established team in assisting with collecting overdue payments and allocating to accounts in a timely fashion.
The role will be both fast paced and highly target driven so able to work well under pressure is key for this role.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
The Credit Controller will be expected to perform any of the following tasks but not limited to:
- Full Credit Control in a stand-alone position
- Chasing debt via telephone and email
- Cash allocation
- Respond promptly and completely to both clients and internal enquiries
- Opening of new customer accounts, by following company procedures
- Adhere to Company and statutory Health & Safety regulations
- Ad hoc analysis as and when required
- Prioritising workload and time management
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Problem solving ability
- Working under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and speed
- High retention of information
- Professional in appearance, conduct, language and manner
- High attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- IT Literate - High level of IT literacy with working knowledge of Excel and ability to use emails
- High level written and spoken English
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80422038