IT Software Engineer
Location: Bridgwater or Bristol dependent on candidate
When it comes to IT, Toolstation is unique. All software that runs the company is developed and maintained in-house. Using open-source technologies, everything from our consumer website, our shop tills, to our warehouse stock control has been created from the ground up. If you're looking for a role where you can work on some really exciting projects in a massively expanding business, then look no further!
What you'll be doing
Working with and embracing agile development methodologies you'll work with some of the latest technologies to build leading edge solutions for our rapidly expanding business.
- Scope solutions for the business system in line with business requirements
- Write, test and implement software solutions
- Deliver solutions within project timescales
- Communicate and feedback progress to project management
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Help maintain a clean and efficient workflow
- Contribute to the ongoing optimisation of our software development process and practices
What you'll bring
Passion and enthusiasm for software development and new technology. A real interest in keeping up to date with the latest in web development; languages, methodologies, standards and everything else. Motivated, independent, a good team worker and highly organised
- Knowledge and experience of MySQL Server 5.5 - 5.7
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system (especially Ubuntu LTS 14.04 & 16.04)
- Robust experience building web applications
What we'll give to you
A career in Which? Retailer of the Year 2016 & 2017 which is opening 40 stores this year alone. At Toolstation we're proud to offer great career development opportunities to our colleagues, with a strong culture of recognising and supporting talent and promoting colleagues from within. You'll be challenged in your role and our values are high; but we're here to support you and ensure your success with us.
As part of the Travis Perkins group plc, Toolstation are able to offer great benefits to our employees; including colleague pension, childcare vouchers, competitive rates of pay, discount on products across the Travis Perkins Group, company share save schemes and more!
How to apply
Caught your interest? Want to know more? Take a look at www.toolstationjobs.com or simply hit apply
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80433665