Lecturer in Business Management
Lecturer in Business Bury St Edmunds - £26,661 - £36,291 - depending on qualifications and experience
An exciting opportunity has become available to join West Suffolk College Business team as a lecturer in Business.
This opportunity not only offers a very competitive salary range but also an attractive benefits packages which is inclusive of a lucrative pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, free training and also numerous money saving options with local organisations.
- Teach and assess up to a maximum of 900 hours on a range of FE programmes including BTEC Level 3 and Level 2 Diploma programmes Business Studies, as required by the Curriculum Director. The knowledge and ability to teach on Business Management and related HE programmes would be advantageous.
- Participate in the development of existing and new course programmes and to assume responsibility for areas of work as appropriate.
- Participate in School and Course Team meetings, curriculum planning and materials development, including electronic resources, as appropriate.
- Attend parent, career and other evenings as appropriate such as open events.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- A degree in a Business Management or related subject, or an equivalent relevant professional qualification.
- Possession of higher teaching qualification is desirable
- Sound knowledge of general Business Studies and/or Travel and Tourism and including marketing. Ability to teach Finance units is advantageous.
- Knowledge of related industries and employment opportunities within it.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy, please ensure that your CV is up to date and all relevant information to this job role is clearly visible. If you have not heard from myself or one of my colleagues within 7 days of your application please assume your application has not been successful
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 the College operates a policy of equality and diversity which protects employees, students, and people who access the Colleges goods, services and facilities, from discrimination on the basis of protected characteristics, which include: age; ability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race (colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins.); religion or belief; sex; and sexual orientation.
The College collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please inform a member of HR.
Closing date: 21st March 2018
Interview date: 28th March 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80435890