Head of Tax
Head of Tax
Competitive salary + great benefitsMarston Holdings is the UK’s largest judicial services company working for over 500 local authorities, central government and businesses. Our 4,000 frontline agents and self-employed enforcement officers deploy from 170 offices and help collect £500m a year on behalf of UK taxpayers and business.We are an industry leader in the delivery of ethical services, prioritising customer welfare and using data to help our clients make better decisions.
We are recruiting for a Head of Tax to be responsible for the Group’s tax compliance, tax planning, accounting for tax and preparation of tax returns
What you'll be doing...
- Remain abreast of emerging tax laws
- Comply with all necessary tax legislation but make savings and minimise tax bills
- Compile all required documents concerning tax and be the pointy of contact for HMRC
- Liaison with the Group’s tax advisors co-ordinating expert assistance where necessary with aim to reduce reliance on 3rd party support
- Maintaining the Group’s tax timetable and ensuring compliance
- Liaison with the Group’s lenders and submission of monthly & quarterly documentation
- Maintain headline financial reports on facilities and instruments employed by the Group
- Responsible for Covenant compliance submissions
- Assist with SAO (Senior Accounting Officer) documentation
- Maintain the Group’s transfer pricing processes
What you'll need...
- Demonstrable experience of tax compliance & planning
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with proven experience in influencing senior stakeholders and ability to summarise complex information into concise and value adding insights.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to self-manage and work to deadlines.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Simplyhealth cash plan
- Training and development
- Pension scheme
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80433064