Cost Consultant -Infrastructure Water/Utilities & Environment
We are seeking to recruit an ambitious Quantity Surveyor (mid-senior level) to support our clients Environment team in the Leeds region. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows within their business.
Infrastructure - Environment (Water & Utilities) Capital Programmes
Overview of Role:To provide competent and professional quantity surveying expertise supporting Capital Programme Investment Delivery across a number of key projects.
- Responsible for liaising with all external and internal stakeholders to enable the projects to progress without delay, ensuring that all reasonable requests are met in a timely efficient manner.
- To assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of moderate complexity, and can obtain, extract and use existing target price / fixed rates, together with obtaining cost data from industry recognised publications e.g. SPONS & BCIS to price schemes.
- Able to assist in the preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement , presentation of tender and contract documentation, attending interviews, carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report.
- Interfaces with the programme manager, senior project managers, project managers and P6 planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support, to ensure that the projects are managed in accordance with the contract, and meeting the required reporting deadlines.
- Manages a programme of current workload in order that all commissions receive the relevant allocation of resource to efficiently commercially manage them.
- Assess contractor applications, along with any changes, making recommendations, raising payment certificates and preparing general correspondence on behalf of the project managers to ensure that only legitimate payments are certified.
- Liaise with the project managers to review and update the risk registers aligned with any early warnings.
- Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at a project level and supports the project delivery team, maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
- Responsible for managing and reporting change control procedures within each specific contract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties.
- Reviews main contractors, including subcontracts, and identifies where clauses are in breach of partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
- Consider alternative strategies for dispute resolution of moderate complexity and prepare written arguments from a claimant or defendant perspective, making recommendations to key stakeholders on the preferred option.
What You have to Offer:
- Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contracts utilising forms of contract such as the NEC3 suite.
- Utilities or Water treatment background
- Demonstrable track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant business discipline.
- Professional qualification and/or membership of the RICS or other relevant Chartered Institute would be an additional advantage.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of Senior Management and Stakeholders
- Expert analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions and reporting findings back to Clients and Internal Stakeholders.
Our client offers a fantastic working environment, in addition, to some excellent benefits, such as:
- PMI and Income Protection
- Highly competitive salary
- Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
- One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Annual Professional Subscription Paid
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Long Term Service Awards
- Discretionary Bonus
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Please submit your Resume or call Neesha Kanani on ************* to discuss further.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960309199