Field based IT Technician
Here at Blue Spot we have some exciting new opportunities available for on-site engineers! Please read below and get in touch for more information.
The primary duty of the Field based IT Technician is to provide on-site technical assistance to Blue Spot Computers’ clients. Although some remote ‘Help desk’ support work may need to be completed from Blue Spot offices, the majority of work is to be completed un-supervised at customer’s locations - due to the nature of this position, a professional, friendly attitude and 'think on your feet' troubleshooting ability is essential.
Main duties will be to provide hands on software and hardware technical support dealing with installations, repairs and maintenance tasks.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
• Providing on-site support by fault finding issues, carrying out repairs and seeing problems through to resolution.
• Being responsible for the installation of new IT systems – including servers, network drives, routers and other hardware.
• Providing support for all IT related projects (on occasion this could be out of hours working, occasional nights and very occasional weekends)
• Using internal software management system to update, log and report all IT related issues experienced by client’s
• Taking ownership of jobs assigned to the on-site team and professionally manage them through to resolution.
• Providing hands on support for other IT teams, i.e. Networks, Security, Server Admin and Telephony as required
• Proactively managing sites and suggesting improvements and innovation to BSC management
• Flexibility in traveling across the North West UK (Full UK Drivers Licence is required)
• Undertake other tasks as assigned by management
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• 1st and 2nd line desktop ‘Helpdesk’ support
• Solid understanding of computer systems, specialising in fault finding and fixing system hardware software and operating systems - XP though to Win 10 (Mac knowledge is good but non-essential)
• 1st and 2nd line application support for Windows and Mac OS based programmes (E.G Outlook / Office, browser issues etc.)
• Various 3rd party software configuration and support knowledge (E.G Sage, IRIS, Digita)
• Windows Server & networking administration experience - Server 2008 onwards including SBS, Microsoft Exchange etc.
• Network troubleshooting and a good understanding of IP, DHCP, DNS protocols.
• Experience with configuring, managing and troubleshooting firewall issues, routers & WAN technologies, Exchange Server and mail technologies
• Cabling, patching and hardware installation (drilling and mounting access points etc.)
• Hardware troubleshooting and management (Computers, printers, routers & access points etc.)
• Ability to think on your feet and the use of initiative/common sense is essential
• Excellent communication skills
• Team player
• Ability to communicate to clients in a calming manner (ability to choose what information to share with the client and what to not share in order to not unnecessarily panic the client with what are in reality easy fixes and minor issues)
• Ability to deal professionally with users, customers and suppliers
• Ability to communicate technical information to none technical users
• Report and documentation writing
• Self-motivate, committed and enthusiastic IT professional, must be able to work on own initiative and without constant supervision.
• Good time management and organisational skills
·20 days holidays (inclusive of back holidays) – Birthday off each year·The opportunity to work in an expanding company·Progressive dynamic career path·IMMEDIATE START FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE·Company van included
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80415718