Personal Loans Team Leader, fluent in Spanish
Personal Loans Team Leader, fluent in Spanish
Fair Personal Loans is the consumer lending arm of Fair Finance and they are currently seeking a Personal Loans Team Leader, fluent in Spanish to join their team. The role will primarily be based in their Elephant & Castle branch but the successful applicant may also be required to work in one of the company’s other London Branches
As a Team Leader you will manage a small team of personal loans officers and be responsible for team and branch performance, client relations, lending decisions and local marketing.
The Personal Loans Team Leader position is a challenging role that will require management skills, excellent customer service and organisational skills. You will have the ability to build effective relationships and be comfortable with change in an ever growing business.
Your focus as the Personal Loans Team Leader will be on maintaining a high level of customer service and ensuring lending decisions are made consistently against the credit policy. Your drive to achieve business results will match your ability to interpret the Fair Finance mission in doing the right thing for our clients.
Your key responsibilities will be as follows:-
- Team Management; be responsible for managing a small team. Leading by example you will manage and motivate your team to perfect the customer experience and achieve business results. Work closely with your team to ensure consistency in work processes, regular collaboration and creating an encouraging and supportive work environment. Support the management team in recruiting and training for new starters.
- Customer Service; lead by example to provide excellent customer service to clients face to face and on the phone. Ensure the customer journey is effective and efficient. Proactively manage difficult clients and complaints, remaining professional at all times whilst treating all customers fairly.
- Risk Management; providing oversight for loan decisions and arrears management, supporting team members as required. Try and help riskier applications by finding the right solution for them while managing Fair Finance risk. Taking care in dealing with clients in financial difficulties and engaging with managers and the collections team to find the appropriate solution for these clients.
- Monitor Branch Performance; regularly review and analyse the loan portfolio and recommend actions on how to improve/increase quality of the loan portfolio and processes.
- Product Development; contribute to wider Fair Finance projects and learning, provide insight on how to improve the loans process and credit policy. Capture customer feedback to enhance our products and service in individual offices and support in testing out new products if needed.
- Marketing; work with the management team in creating a marketing strategy for the branch, including budget responsibility; liaising with local organisation and community groups to promote our services and build relationship with local businesses.
- You will have:
- A strong background in customer service, ideally within the financial sector, along with at least 1 years experience in a supervisory or team management role.
- Experience in handling customers and dealing with a range of different people.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to build rapport, understand the needs of your clients and provide appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated accountability, diligence and integrity in managing clients.
- A high level of computer literacy working with various CRM packages and Microsoft Office products with intermediate knowledge and experience of Excel.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- “Fair Finance is a social business with ambitious plans to revolutionise financial services to give everyone a Fair chance. Our vision is to scale our alternative to the high cost lending market and help reduce financial exclusion across the UK.
- Why work for Fair Finance:
- We believe in employing, growing and building around exceptional people who share our values
- We will give you the environment where you can genuinely put clients before profits and make a difference in our clients’ lives
- We are a growing and diverse organisation full of people who understand the balance between achieving business objectives and our social mission
- Our Head Office is in a shared workspace in Dalston, housing more then 300 creative businesses, social enterprises and charities
- Your annual holiday entitlement will be 20 days in addition to public holidays; we also close between Christmas and New Year; 3% matching contribution towards a stakeholder pension.”
- Closing date for applications: Friday 30th March 2018. Fair Finance are looking to fill the position as soon as possible and will be reviewing applications on receipt.
- To apply please click on the link provided where you will be redirected to Fair Finance's website where you will be asked to attach your CV and covering letter. Please be advised that your covering letter should describe why you want to work for Fair Finance, and how your experience and skills meet the person profile criteria in the job description.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960309497