Mechanical Design Engineers - Nottingham
We are looking for Design Engineers for an established Rail engineering company based in Nottingham.
The Design Engineers will:
- Design, development and safety validation of engineering products for inclusion in rail track systems, ensuring lowest manufacture / installation costs are considered.
- Improvement of existing products, processes and design tools.
- Comparison of alternative design solutions.
- Producing designs for assessment and formal acceptance of product designs through sign off of drawings and reports.
- Provision of high quality, accurate work to established drawing, technical or engineering standards.
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Quality and Process.
- Appreciation of product behaviour, manufacturability and maintainability issues.
- Identify process improvements in area of focus.
- Provide support to manufacturing operations to adjudicate on engineering compliance issues arising through NCRs or process change.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required.
- Degree in a Mechanical Engineering or Science related discipline or equivalent experience (MSc / PhD preferred).
- Relevant experience in a similar environment (Heavy Engineering).
- Strong IT skills.
- Innovative problem solver.
- Good knowledge of technical standards, codes and specifications.
- Working knowledge of the Rail Industry - desirable not essential.
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Encouragement to work to Chartered Status.
- Pension scheme.
If you are interested in this role and have the Right to Work in the UK, please forward your CV and contact details to Philip Delaloye at or for more details call 01384446192. - Rail01
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80432879