Marine Systems Support Engineer TYPE 45
Providing technical resource to the MoD Marine Systems Support Authority in order to support the delivery governance and oversight of engineering decisions that affect T45 Marine Systems. You will supply advice and support to the MoD System Approval Authority layer, T45 Engineering team and MSSP organisations. Providing T45 specific knowledge transfer into the Marine Systems Approval Authority and the Authorities' Engineering Group, Internal Technical Support Team (ITS) teams to allow the Marine Systems Approval Authority to conduct the Authority role across T45 Marine Systems. Including;
- Technical Assessment of the provided baseline to allow the Marine Systems Approval Authority team to conduct assessments of existing proposed design changes. This is to include but not limited to system definitions, interfaces, key characteristics and margins.
- Identification of risks and gaps in the provided design documentation at the marine systems layer and technical assessment of impacts on other systems/equipment outside of the Marine Systems boundary.
- Defining the systems design and applied partitioning of the marine systems as part of the design intent.
- Assess impact of identified gaps and provide proposals for resolution.
- Technical assessment of proposed design changes identifying impacts where applicable to other systems. Assessment of updated safety argument. This may include impacts to through life support and ability to maintain in service.
- Technical assessment of proposed design changes identifying impacts to systems safety argument and overall Platform Safety Case.
- Utilising knowledge of platform and marine systems design identify potential systems proposal which may improve the safe operation or through life cost of the marine systems layer. ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Mechanical engineering background, Maine Engineer Petty Officer of above.
- Have the required level of knowledge, understanding and experience in marine systems.
- Understand the Platform integration into a systems of systems, understand impacts on wider systems and how they affect the overall performance of the vessel
- Understanding the IT systems and applications used to support the T45 including SDE, Windchill and TEIP.
- Understanding of the overall CSM support solution and company engineering requirements Conversant with the use of IT and Microsoft Office applications and appropriate MoD IS applications.
- An understanding of industry and MoD design / safety management tools and processes.
- Awareness of the MOD/RN engineering and project processes and procedures
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960312784