Head of Marketing and Communications
National Governance Association has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Marketing and Communications to join the team based in Birmingham. You will be on a full time fixed term basis (one year maternity cover) and receive a competitive salary of £32,000- £35,000 per annum.
The National Governance Association aims to represent all school governors and trustees in England; there are over 250,000 governors/trustees, one of the largest volunteer groups in the UK. We are an independent charity that aims to support and promote good governance in our schools; we do this through lobbying, via a range of contacts with ministers, policy makers and education organisations. We also run national conferences, and a number of regional events.
As our Head of Marketing and Communications, you are required to develop and ensure delivery of NGA's promotions plan which will increase the number of members, sales of publications and use of NGA services, including consultancy and training. You will also oversee the quality of NGA's communications, in particular developing NGA's website to ensure it is the best used site for governors.
You will work full time but occasionally there may be some evening and weekend work required, time off in lieu will be offered. Applications for job share or four days a week will be considered.
Responsibilities of our Head of Marketing and Communications
- Promote and develop NGA's membership services
- Promote and market NGA's services and brand
- Oversee NGA's digital presence
- Oversee production of publications - bi-monthly membership magazine and sector-leading governance guides
- Oversee events, including internal and high-profile external events and exhibitions
- Lead the Marketing and Communications Team
- Representing NGA; Attend NGA and external meetings and events to promote NGA services
- Be an active member of NGA
Skills and experience required of our Head of Marketing and Communications;
- At least 3 years experience of marketing work
- Understanding of marketing and promotions strategy
- Strong experience of copy writing
- Strong experience of designing promotional materials and collateral management
- Experience of magazine and publication production
- Proven project management and budget management experience
- Strong digital marketing experience - managing and developing a website, writing for the web, accessibility, SEO, Google Analytics, social media, CMS Management, CRM, Email Marketing, in relation to promoting a brand and services
- Event/exhibition management coordinating multiple events
- Supplier management including design, advertising agency, print suppliers management
Benefits of becoming our Head of Marketing and Communications
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension at 6% on completion of probation
Closing Date: 9.00 am on Monday 26th March 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 29th March 2018 (please keep this date free for interview)
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Head of Marketing and Communications then please click 'apply' now and you will be re-directed to the NGA's website where you will find the application pack and further instructions on how to apply. CV's will not be accepted.
Please note: If you have not been contacted by the end of Tuesday 27th March 2018 please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960310291