Nursery Manager-Full TIme-Maternity Cover
Acorn Early Years Foundation has over 25 years’ experience operating successful nurseries, out-of-school clubs and Forest Schools across Milton Keynes, Northants and Bedfordshire. We specialise in having a nature pedagogy and promoting the professional development of our staff.
As a not-for-profit organisation, Acorn always puts the needs of the children first and we strive to be ethical and sustainable in all aspects of our work.
About the Role
We are looking for a Nursery Manager to lead a team of childcare professionals at our Day Nursery in Castlethorpe, Milton Keynes
This opportunity is ideal for a Nursery Manager who has exceptionally high standards and an ambition to be the best, and who is keen to nurture a staff team to share that ambition. You will be a hands-on role model with a collaborative leadership style to run this 36 place nursery. Acorn Nursery Managers help to shape the policy and future of the organisation and it is important that you are a reflective practitioner and an excellent communicator.
This role would suit ideally someone that is currently working as an experienced Deputy Manager in a Day Nursery looking for a new challenge, however someone that has experience as a Deputy or Manager in an Early Years setting essential.
Successful applicants must be able to provide ‘right to work in the UK’ documentation, provide two satisfactory references and undertake an enhanced DBS check prior commencing employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide effective leadership and support for the staff team
- To lead the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage, including overseeing planning and record keeping
- To promote and facilitate partnership with parents/carers, other family members, and the local community
- To develop and maintain professional working relationships with other Acorn sites, the Central Support team and external agencies
- To remain abreast of current developments in childcare and education policies and practices and have an excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, diversity and ethical conduct
- To oversee nursery administration, including bookings, invoicing and payroll
- To work in partnership with the training centre to develop and deliver models of excellence
We are looking for candidates with the following values:
- Nature Pedagogy
As part of our team you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, great training and progression opportunities and you will have a supportive team offering guidance and support. Outstanding benefits are offered including life insurance, enhanced pension contributions, service awards and 50% childcare
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80434404