Bristol or Manchester
The Product Analyst sits within the Application Solutions function in the broader Employee Benefits Technology Solutions function, working as part of the team responsible for the proposition, development, prioritisation and strategy of EB's strategic applications.
The role requires becoming an expert user with a particular suite of products namely BizFlow and SharePoint to support their use within the business and development. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading financial services organisation during a period of growth with real career development opportunities.
One of the world's leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. Our client proposition is built upon our deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence. Together, we place our clients first, champion independent thinking and expect to be judged on the results we deliver. We have offices in 40 territories with more than 10600 employees supported by the International Network enabling us to offer risk management and employee benefit solutions in 135 countries.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Development and strategy of EB's strategic applications.
- An expert user with BizFlow and SharePoint
- Be the development product owner which will involve capturing performance and functionality requirements and inputting into new features, assisting developers with queries and helping them understand our requirements, training on new features, testing definition and execution
- Maintain relevant documentation detailing new/updated features following development releases and communicate timings of each release to the business
- Respond to new legislation, working with stakeholders to update the applications as necessary
- Creation of/maintain updates to Technical Manuals
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Experience of Software Development Lifecycle, particularly Agile Scrum
- Commercially aware with ability to understand the value of developments and present the business case
- Strong knowledge of BizFlow and SharePoint
- Effective in a team environment and ability to develop good working relationships colleagues and stakeholders
- Able to work to your own initiative
- A methodical and analytical individual
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Evidence based decision making skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office products including Visio, Excel and Access
- EB and pensions experience advantageous
- Knowledge of core Microsoft technologies SQL Server, .Net platform and web services
- Experience of Financial Services
- Educated to degree level
As you would expect from a company, we offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within the UK, typical benefits can include:
· Employee share schemes
· Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
· Generous holiday entitlement
· Pension Plan
· Private healthcare scheme
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80440868