Group Compliance Manager
A FTSE 250 transportation organisation seeking to appoint a Group Compliance Manager on a full time basis.
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working in partnership with a FTSE 250 international transportation organisation, headquartered in Scotland. My client is actively seeking to appoint a Group Compliance Manager on a full-time, permanent basis.
Your new role
This is an outstanding opportunity for a candidate with an inquisitive and ambitious nature. Reporting directly to the Company Sectary, the successful candidate take ownership for keeping up-to-date with changes in laws and regulations that affect the group, advising senior management and ensuring arrangements are in place to comply, whilst coordinating the Group's risk management process.
This organisation operates under a decentralised management structure. The successful candidate will be expected to travel to sites located across the UK to build rapport with managers at head office, divisional and company levels to ensure an effective compliance system is implemented across the entire group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing compliance and risk matrix across a number of key regulatory areas, including:
- General Data Protection Regulation ('GDPR');
- Competition and anti-trust laws;
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws;
- Scottish lobbying regulations;
- Group whistleblowing arrangements.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a curious nature and able to engage at all levels up to the executive board.
- Hold a CA, ACA, ACCA, CIA, IIA qualification or be educated to degree level in a related subject;
- You will have demonstrable experience in at least one of the following areas; audit, risk, compliance and/ or an in-house legal function;
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Be able to assess developing and new compliance requirements, and develop appropriate policy responses;
- Be able to influence colleagues across the Group at all levels;
- Have good attention to detail enabling action points to be clearly identified, recorded, followed up and implemented.
What you'll get in return
An outstanding opportunity to join an international Plc with excellent career progression opportunities. You will receive a salary of £50,000 - £70,000 per annum with excellent pension and additional benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80432975