Role: Arabic Speaking Assistant Solicitor
Type: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Competitive, Provided upon request
Benefits: 29 days holiday per annum inclusive of 4 days of compulsory leave to be taken during the period of office closure between Christmas Eve to the 1st working day of the new year, plus all public and bank holidays; contributory pension scheme; death in service benefit (4 times the annual salary); interest free season ticket loan; childcare vouchers; cycle to work scheme. We also have regular social activities and genuinely pride ourselves on having a supportive and friendly culture.
Our client has represented international and national communities with often complex human rights and personal injury cases. They are known for their ground-breaking cases against multinational corporations and government authorities and bodies. This is a fantastic firm to work for if you want to work somewhere that is very diverse.
- To review and analyse documentary evidence relating to the claims, including much Arabic language material
- To enable clients to comply with their ongoing disclosure obligations
- To obtain accurate information and instructions from our clients, analyse the legal and practical aspects of their claims and obtain the necessary documents/evidence to provide appropriate advice on liability/quantum/costs & funding.
- To instruct medico-legal and other experts to advise on liability, causation and/or quantum, negotiate acceptable terms for their instruction, ensure their fees are paid promptly, prepare formal instructions and liaise with those experts and/or their secretaries during the running of the case.
- To analyse and advise on strategy, tactics, and how best to achieve the most successful outcome for each client according to the circumstances of their case.
- To endeavour, where appropriate, to achieve settlement pre-litigation; otherwise to conduct litigation through to trial or earlier settlement and to deal with post-trial/settlement considerations such as costs and enforcement proceedings, and to consider whether any decision should be appealed.
- To enable clients and/or their litigation friends, where a client lacks capacity, to make informed decisions based on advice on legal and other appropriate considerations e.g. costs, funding, litigation objectives and risks of litigation.
- To ensure the timely and effective deployment of others involved in the matter e.g. expert witnesses, enquiry agents, counsel, cost draftsmen.
- To monitor all aspects of the case on behalf of the client and advise on whether subsequent developments affect views previously expressed.
- To heed the procedural timetable and time limits, to make necessary applications where required to protect the client’s position.
- To comply with the Civil Procedures Rules.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to equality, access to justice and affordable legal advice of the highest quality.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is a must, with excellent Arabic and English reading, writing and speaking skills.
- At least 3 years’ relevant PQE, although all applications will be considered.
- Ability to analyse complex factual and legal situations and advise as to the critical path that should be followed.
- Adaptable and able to work in a busy environment, along with good IT, strong written & verbal skills.
- Works in an organised and methodical manner and has a positive attitude. Works well under pressure.
- Ability to deal sensitively with clients and experts.
- The candidate may be required to travel to perform the various roles identified above
- Must be able to delegate appropriately and supervise Arabic-speaking paralegals/ other team members
- Aware of the general legal and ethical principles and able to apply those to different situations
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80436184