Research & Development Engineer
In this exciting role, as a Research and Development Engineer you will be fundamental to the development of new composite products and processes in a highly challenging and fast-paced environment. You will bring new products to our customers helping to move the world forward. The role is critical to delivering technology and manufacturing readiness to support the strategic growth timing. It offers the engineer the opportunity to learn cutting edge composite design and manufacturing techniques and develop design solutions that will be deployed on existing and future aircraft platforms.
In this role you will:
- Be fundamental in the design, development and analysis of novel structural composite components.
- Implement design validation activities using first principle calculations and Finite Element Analysis
- Author design tools based on development project findings
- Create detailed CAD models and drawings
- Carry out testing to interrogate and validate component performance and material properties
- Develop new, novel and update current manufacturing processes
- Provide reports and documentation necessary to demonstrate product technology and manufacturing progression
- Clearly communicate actions and progress of engineering tasks in hand
You will bring to the role:
- Energy and drive, you will be resilient acting in a tenacious way when required
- You are a confident and compelling speaker who can build strong working relationships working as part of a team or independently
- You are highly self- motivated, driven & focused on results with a concern for accuracy
- You enjoy multitasking whilst being organised & structured.
- Experience of Mechanical Engineering or in similar areas such as Aerospace Engineering or Automotive Engineering (bachelor’s degree preferable)
- Ability to analyse and solve new engineering problems using first principles
- Excellent grounding in solid mechanics, stress analysis and material science
- Willing to take hands-on approach to developing components, manufacturing processes and testing methods
- Clear open two-way communication skills
- Knowledge of composite materials desirable, willingness to learn essential
- Willing to work in both office based and workshop based environments
- Fit the dynamic and enthusiastic culture within CTG and flexible with working hours
As part of the legal requirement to comply with international trade controls, we require all candidates to successfully complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check including criminal record checks. In addition, we will check the identity of all employees against various government denied party lists prior to making a formal offer of employment.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313719