Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people - your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together!
Almac are offering some exciting opportunities to join our Clinical Technologies division based in our world class facility at the Charnwood Campus, Loughborough. Almac Clinical Technologies specialise in interactive technology and service solutions to increase the quality and efficiency of the clinical trial process to support millions of patients globally. Our solutions include eClinical Interactive Voice and Web Response Systems (IVRS/IWRS/IXRS®) for patient randomization, tracking and clinical supply management; electronic patient reported outcomes data collection, and Web drug reconciliation.
We provide software design, development and support in the Pharmaceutical Industry and with a client base of more than 600 pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide, our project teams work globally to deliver a level of service that is transforming the face of human healthcare.
Our Systems Developers are responsible for the development, maintenance and support of pharmaceutical clinical trial systems. Working closely with other members of the Almac team they help deliver products and services tailored to meet the requirements of our client’s clinical trials.
We are currently looking for experienced C# developers to join our growing team. Whilst experience in the clinical trials industry would be beneficial it is not essential, and we would welcome applications from anyone with relevant qualifications and experience developing applications and software systems.
This is a great opportunity to join the rapidly growing Loughborough based team and benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or related subject, OR significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of academic qualifications
- Basic experience or understanding of developing applications using the following: Microsoft SQL Server; ASP.NET MVC; C#; Entity Framework; LINQ; Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and a Service Bus technology
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience within the clinical technology, life sciences or software industries setting and understanding of use of IXRS in Clinical Trials.
- Basic Understanding in developing applications that use automated unit testing or unit testing/mocking frameworks OR have performed test driven development techniques and practices.
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Childcare vouchers (including early return bonus)
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
If the thought of helping to make a real difference to human health appeals to you, why not apply for one of our roles? Please visit our website www.almacgroup.com/careers for full job description and personnel specifications. To apply, please attach a copy of your CV to the online job posting, ensuring you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria relevant for the role.
Please complete your personal details on the application form, and press submit. Once you have hit submit, you will then be given the option to attach your CV.
Closing date for receipt of all CVS: 28th March 2018 at 1700 hours
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80439290