The Guinness Partnership provides housing and care services across England. We own and manage around 65,000 homes, employ 3,000 people and provide services to more than 135,000 customers. Everything we do is about achieving our vision of improving people's lives by providing as many high-quality affordable homes as possible, and the housing and care services that our customers need most
We are looking for a Payroll Officer to join our team in Oldham on a full time, permanent basis.
You will support the delivery of an efficient and effective payroll service that ensures pay, benefits and management information is provided accurately and on time. You will be responsible for providing support and advice in relation to pay and benefits matters to Guinness employees. You will also maintain procedure notes for the designated areas of responsibility and contribute to payroll projects/activities as required.
The successful candidate will be extremely well organised with excellent attention to detail and previous experience working in a fast-paced payroll function for a similar sized organisation. Any experience of working in a shared services environment and knowledge of pensions is desirable but not essential.
Please note that as our HR Shared Services centre is open between 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, this role will require the successful candidate to work shifts of 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm on a team rota basis.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Experience in payroll, compensation and benefits.
- Good multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- Experience of working within a customer service environment.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Good oral and written communications.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Guinness are committed to being an outstanding business for our customers and for our employees and offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package to all permanent and fixed term contract employees. The benefits on offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Medical expenses cash scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Professional qualifications
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
- E-learning courses
- Thank you award- by nomination
Closing Date: Sunday 18th March at 12am
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80421779