Location: Cardiff, South Wales.
Salary: Circa £30-35k per annum depending on experience.
Contract: Full time, permanent. Our office hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm with match support duty, some evening/weekend working (on average 1 weekend day and 1 evening per month) with time off in lieu.
About the company
Since the early ‘00s, our client have been a leading provider of websites and other web-based solutions to a wide range of sports clients. They work with customers ranging from clubs to tournaments to governing bodies to deliver a high-availability infrastructure, supporting websites and services for large sporting events that attract over 60,000 unique visitors a minute during peak times.
They pride themselves on their culture of flexibility and self-management. Their conscientious, self-motivated and committed workforce enjoys an atmosphere of flexible working patterns and reciprocal support.
They are looking for a great backend developer to join their existing talented Development team. You’ll be working on widely used and technically challenging products set within the digital sports industry.
They have an established set of web-based products such as live scoring, match statistics, online booking systems and CRM. These are built with PHP and MySQL. Your responsibilities will include improving and maintaining these products as well as migration to serverless applications where appropriate.
They currently use a number of technologies and methodologies. They realise that you may not have experience with all of these, but you should have a passion to learn and adopt them and a willing to investigate and further your knowledge:
• Object Oriented PHP
• Relational Databases (MySQL)
• RESTful APIs
• NoSQL (MongoDB)
• Version control and CI (Git, Jenkins, Subversion)
• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• TDD/BDD, using PHPSpec, PHPUnit and Behat
• You’re enthusiastic about what you do every day
• You like to ask questions and actively explore new ways of solving problems
• You have an eye for detail and quality is important to you - you take pride in your work
• You enjoy being asked to solve challenging problems
• You like to use the latest programming technologies and practices and are keen to embrace new ideas and make Proof of Concepts into scalable applications.
If you feel you have the right skills and experiences to be successful in this role then apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80436834